In Year Admissions
In Year Admissions for St Joseph’s School, Epsom until 31 August 2023
What are In Year Admissions?
You can make an in-year application if your child needs to join a school outside of the normal admissions round - for example, if you move house and your child can no longer attend their current school.
If you want to apply for an In-Year admission to St. Joseph’s, you need to complete:
- A School Managed Application for In Year admission to a school (SMA) – Application Form
- The SMA Application Form can be found below.
- You MUST return the SMA Application Form to the school at: Mrs K Taylor, St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Rosebank, West Street, Epsom, KT18 7RT or by email to Karen@stjosephs-epsom.surrey.sch.uk
- Guidance notes to help you complete the SMA Application Form is available below.
- The School’s Supplementary Information Form (SIF)
- The SIF is available on the website.
- You MUST return the Supplementary Information Form to the school at: Mrs K Taylor, St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Rosebank, West Street, Epsom, KT18 7RT or by email to Karen@stjosephs-epsom.surrey.sch.uk
Who processes your application?
The governing body is the admissions authority for St. Joseph’s and has responsibility for admissions to the school, including setting the priority of admissions when the school is oversubscribed. St. Joseph’s will consider whether it has any vacancies and if so, assess whether it is able to offer a place. The school will contact you to let you know the outcome of your application.
When will parents be notified of the outcome of their application?
Upon receipt of an In Year application, the school will aim to notify parents of the outcome of the application in writing within 10 school days. However, it might take up to 15 school days. You must respond to any offer of a place within two weeks.
The right to appeal
If you are refused a place at any school you applied for, you have the right to make an appeal to an independent appeal panel. Where an application is refused, the school will set out the reason for refusal.
For applications for In Year Admissions, appeals must be heard within 30 school days of the appeal being lodged. If parents wish to appeal, they must set out the grounds for appeal in writing.
Where an applicant is offered a school place following an in-year application, and the offer is accepted, arrangements should be made for the child to start school as soon as possible, particularly where the child is out of school.
If your child is not offered a place, you can add their name to a waiting list. Waiting lists are ranked according to each school’s admission criteria. Your child’s position on a waiting list may go down as well as up, for example, if other children with greater priority according to the school’s admission criteria are added to the list.
Note: a hard copy of this online page is available on request for parents who don’t have internet access