National Leaders of Education
National leaders of education (NLEs) are strong school leaders, who have experience of effectively supporting schools in challenging circumstances. NLEs work alongside teaching schools and other system leaders to provide high quality support to those who need it most.
Through Paradigm, we have our own National Leader, Theresa Kenefick.
I believe that two key forces drive me: one is a passionate commitment to ensuring that all children, particularly those with extra challenges in their lives, experience success and their sense of self-worth is strengthened by their journey through our schools. Secondly, a deep-rooted commitment to collaboration across partner schools and it will be through the teaching school and as an NLE that I hope to be able to contribute to improvement in many schools.
The opportunity to work alongside other NLEs will fulfil my belief that by working together the profession is stronger.
Career path to date
- Headteacher since 2001 at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary Epsom
- Prior to that interim headteacher at a primary school in East Sussex
- Associate tutor to BA programme at Roehampton University
- Diocesan Section 48 inspector
- Mentor for new headteachers
- Strong track record for developing talent and empowering and growing our own leaders
Key aspects of education you have improved/led within your own school
- Embedding strong phonics teaching with outstanding outcomes
- Significant and sustained rise in standards in writing and in mathematics
- Developing skilled middle leadership roles
- Restructured middle leadership team and developing skilled leaders
- Outstanding work on children’s spirituality
- Pupil premium achievement and progress
- Developing a broad and creative primary curriculum
- External accreditations: ICTmark, EcoSchools, Artmark Gold, Fairtrade, International Schools
Key aspects of education you have improved in other schools
- School development planning
- Empowering new headteachers to establish themselves into role
- People management skills
- Supporting difficult conversations
What support can you offer
- Mentoring and developing leaders at all levels
- Structuring and developing middle leadership
- Developing a broad primary curriculum programme
- Tracking and targeting support for disadvantaged children.
- Support with developing prayer and liturgy
- Support with developing PSHE
- Support with external accreditations as above
Telephone: 01372 727850